IMPORTANT: Please do NOT reinstall the game if it's not connected to your Facebook account or iCloud in the game settings or you will lose your progress.
The problem with crashes may be caused by a number of reasons and our developers are doing their best to optimize the game throughout updates.
Please try the following steps, even if you have tried some of them already. In some cases it helps to make the device and the game perform better.
1 - Swipe away all your apps running in the multitasking bar.
- How to close apps on the iPad: https://support.apple.com/HT212063
- How to close apps on the iPhone and iPod touch: https://support.apple.com/HT201330
2 - Restart your device.
- How to restart the iPad: https://support.apple.com/HT210631
- How to restart the iPhone: https://support.apple.com/HT201559
- How to restart the iPod touch: https://support.apple.com/HT210632
3 - Make sure you are not running out of free space. It's suggested you have about 2GB of free space on your device for the game to perform smoothly.
Go to Settings of your iPad > General > iPad/iPhone storage
Here you can uninstall some apps that you don't use. Additionally you can back up your photos and videos in the iCloud and remove them from your library. Also see this help page for more details: https://support.apple.com/HT201656.
4 - Make sure your Internet connection is enabled and you have a stable signal. You may need to refresh your Internet connection. Here is how you can do it:
- Reboot your modem if you are using Wi-Fi.
- Restart your device.
- Ensure you are connected to the Internet and you have a stable signal once again.
5 - Make sure your game is updated to the latest version.
Open the App Store app on your device > Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen > See if Cradle of Empires is in the list of available updates and tap the Update button against it. If your game is up-to-date, you will find it under “updated recently” at the end of the list and it will have the Open option.
In case it didn't help, please send us the detailed description of the problem and your game saves. IMPORTANT: Please specify what happened before the game crashed:
- Did it crash when you opened the game?
- Did it crash when you were playing a match-3 level?
- Did it crash when you were watching a video ad?
- Did it crash when on another screen? Please specify.