IMPORTANT: Please do NOT reinstall the game if it's not connected to Facebook or you will lose your progress.
The problem with crashes may be caused by a number of reasons and our developers are doing their best to optimize the game throughout updates.
Please try the following steps, even if you have tried some of them already. In some cases it helps to make the device and the game perform better.
1 - Swipe away all your apps running in the multitasking bar.
2 - Restart your device.
- Press your device's Power button for about 30 seconds, until your device restarts. Rebooting your device gives it a fresh start. Sometimes, that's all you need to fix an issue.
3 - Make sure you are not running out of free space on your device:
Go to Settings app on your device > Storage
It's suggested you have about 2GB of free space on your device for the game to perform smoothly. If your storage is almost full, it may cause issues.
4 - Clear the game cache (IMPORTANT: Do not clear the data or it will delete the progress. Clear cache only please.):
- Open your device Settings > Apps & notifications > Cradle of Empires (If you don't see it, first tap See all apps or App info.) > Storage & cache > Clear cache
5 - Make sure your Internet connection is enabled and you have a stable signal. You may need to refresh your Internet connection. Here is how you can do it:
- Reboot your modem if you are using Wi-Fi.
- Restart your device.
- Ensure you are connected to the Internet and you have a stable signal once again.
6 - Make sure your game is updated to the latest version:
Open the Google Play Store app on your device > At the top right, tap your profile icon > Manage apps & device > Updates available > Find Cradle of Empires is in the list and tap the Update button against it. If your game is up-to-date, you will find it under “recently updated” at the end of the list and it will have the Open option.
Note: The above steps in settings may vary by device. For more info, you may need to contact your device manufacturer: https://support.google.com/android/answer/3094742
In case it didn't help, please send us the detailed description of the problem and your game saves. IMPORTANT: Please specify what happened before the game crashed:
- Did it crash when you opened the game?
- Did it crash when you were playing a match-3 level?
- Did it crash when you were watching a video ad?
- Did it crash when on another screen? Please specify.