- Press Windows logo key + Shift + S.
- Choose whether you want to take a screenshot of the part of the screen or full screen.
- Then click on the image in notification that appeared in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Screenshot will open in the snipping tool so you can edit if necessary.
- Use the floppy disk button in the top right corner of the window to save a screenshot. On Windows 11 this step differs - click on the 3 dots button in the upper right corner of the window, select the Save option and choose where to save the screenshot.
Alternatively you can hit Windows Key + PrtScr Your entire desktop will darken for a second to show that the screenshot has been captured and a new PNG file will be saved to the Pictures/Screenshots folder. Each file will be given the name Screenshot (#).png where # is replaced by 1, 2, 3, etc.