- On the taskbar, select Microsoft Store to open it.
- If you don't see Microsoft Store on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. Here's how to find it: In the search box on the taskbar, enter Microsoft Store, then select it from the list.
- After you've opened Microsoft Store, select the account menu (three dots) > Downloads and updates > Get updates.
Or you can turn on automatic updates:
- Select the Start screen, then select Microsoft Store.
- In Microsoft Store at the upper right, select the account menu (the three dots) and then select Settings.
- Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to On.
Or you can update the game via its page in Microsoft store:
- Open Microsoft store.
- Use search to find the Cradle of Empires page.
- Click on 3 dots next to the Play button.
- Click on Update in the dropdown menu.
If you can't update the game, please try these potential solutions. You can try them one by one - any of them might help:
- Make sure you are not running out of free space on your hard drive.
- Make sure your Internet connection is enabled and you have a stable signal.
- Make sure the time on your device is set automatically.
- Click on the Start Button to open the Start Menu.
- Here open Settings > Time & Language.
- Now in the left pane, select Date & Time.
- In the right pane toggle the sliders to the On position to set time and time zone automatically.
- Close the game and open it again.