IMPORTANT: Please do NOT reinstall the game if it's not connected to Facebook or you will lose your progress.
The problem with crashes may be caused by a number of reasons and our developers are doing their best to optimize the game throughout updates.
Please try the following steps, even if you have tried some of them already. In some cases it helps to make the device and the game perform better.
1 – Swipe away all your apps running in the multitasking bar as described here: https://support.apple.com/HT201330
2 – Restart your device:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
3 – Make sure your game is updated to the latest version:
- Go to App store on your device > tap on blue account icon in top right corner > scroll down and see if Cradle of Empires is in the list of available updates > Tap the Update button against it. (If your game is up-to-date, you will not see it in the list of available updates)
4 – Make sure you are not running out of free space:
- Go to Settings of your device > General > About > Available
It's suggested you have at least 20% of free space on your device out of total for the game to perform smoothly. If your storage is almost full, it may cause issues.
5 – Make sure your Internet connection is enabled and you have a stable signal (for example, you are not far from your modem if you are using Wi-Fi).
In case it didn't help, please send us the detailed description of the problem and your game saves. IMPORTANT: Please specify what happened before the game crashed:
- Did it crash when you you opened the game?
- Did it crash when you were playing a match-3 level?
- Did it crash when you were watching a video ad?
- Did it crash when on another screen? Please specify.