IMPORTANT: Please do NOT reinstall the game if it's not connected to Facebook or you will lose your progress.
The problem with crashes may be caused by a number of reasons and our developers are doing their best to optimize the game throughout updates.
Please try the following steps, even if you have tried some of them already. In some cases it helps to make the device and the game perform better.
1 – Swipe away all your apps running in the multitasking bar.
2 – Restart your device:
- Press your device's power button for about 30 seconds, until your device restarts. Rebooting your device gives it a fresh start. Sometimes, that's all you need to fix an issue.
3 – Make sure your game is updated to the latest version:
- Tap the Apps icon at the top of your device screen > Store icon > Menu icon > App Updates > Tap the Update icon to the right of Cradle of Empires to update it. (If your game is up-to-date, you will see the Open button against it.)
4 – Please make sure you are not running out of free space on your device:
- Go to Settings of your Kindle > Device Options > Storage
It's suggested you have at least 20% of free space on your device out of total for the game to perform smoothly. If your storage is almost full, it may cause issues.
5 – Force the game to stop:
- Go to Settings of your Kindle > Apps & Games (or Applications) > Manage All Applications (or Installed Applications) > Running apps > Cradle of Empires > Force Stop
6 – Clear the game cache (IMPORTANT: Do not clear the data or it will delete the progress. Clear cache only please.):
Settings > Apps & Games > Manage All Applications > Cradle Of Empires > Clear Cache > Ok
In case it didn't help, please send us the detailed description of the problem and your game saves. IMPORTANT: Please specify what happened before the game crashed:
- Did it crash when you you opened the game?
- Did it crash when you were playing a match-3 level?
- Did it crash when on another screen? Please specify.